SC - Hi

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 17 11:09:05 PST 1999

I use the Borden Fruitcake recipe but omit all the candied fruit and
substitute chopped dried mixed fruit (apples, raisins, dates, figs,
apricots). It turns out very well!! I too despise candied fruit and spit on
their graves with you!

Ever-So-Easy FruitCake
21/2 cups unsifted flour
1 teas baking soda
1 28oz jar mincemeat
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups chopped dried mixed fruit
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 300. Grease a 9 inch tube pan, line with wax paper and grease
again. Sift together flour and baking sode. Set aside. In a large bowl
combine remaining ingredients, blend in dry ingredients. Pour into prepared
pan. Bake 1 hour and 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center
comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Turn out of pan and remove wax paper. Glaze
and garnish as desired.

Peldyn