SC - Need venison advice!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Dec 17 20:57:38 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/17/99 7:24:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

<< Agave and Cactii are far more closely related than
 turnips and bananas. >>

How so? Agave is in the Amaryllis family. No cacti is. Being a succulent is
no different from being an aquatic plant or a temperate plant. For instance,
maple trees and mint are temperate plants but are not even close to being
related. Geraniums have species that are succulent but they are not close to
being related to cacti. The point I am making is that the adaptation to a
particular climate of a plant that might put it in a broad category such as
succulent does not make it closely related to other species of plants within
that category.

And I was wondering why the special precautions with agave? The contain no
thorns or stickers. The points of the blades of the leaves are very tough and
can jab you a good one but they are hardly dangerous enough to demand the
precautions you suggest when handling. In fact, pineapple leaves have far
more potential to do physical damage than agave blades.

Ras