SC - Cinnamon varieties (long)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Dec 18 20:01:40 PST 1999

Chante  replied to my mention of cherries in my fruits-msg file:
> <<Yes. Definitely. There are a number of comments on cherries today and
> in period in this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium>>
>
> I did look around in there a little, but I really didn't know exactly what I
> was looking for. Are the recipes you are talking about make with meat and
> fruit or just fruit? I'd really like some meat and cherry recipes.

I just did a more extensive search for cherries in the fruits-msg file. Most
of the info is general info about period cherries. The recipes tend to be
for marmalades, dried cherries, sugared cherries and such. I think part of
the problem may lay with my problems in how to organise the original
messages. In most cases, I have organised things by the most obvious
ingredient. In the case of a meat and cherry dish, I would most likely file
that in one of my meat files and not the fruits-msg file since the cherry
is more of a granish in that recipe. I must have missed the fact that
you were looking for a recipe with both meat and cherries. Or I felt that
the referances to which cherries were period might be of use. I think
originally you were asking simply if cherries were period.

One way to search a file like this is to download it in text or RTF
format, save it, and open it with a word processor where you can do
a search on "cher" (to get both "cherry" and "cherries"). This is
what I did originally and just now, except I didn't have to download
it since I used my master copy already on my machine.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net