SC - Shredding suet - was Christmas pudding experiment.

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Dec 18 21:27:06 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/18/99 11:07:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at grin.net writes:

<< Hmmm, flaming salamander tastes pretty good ... or did you mean the
fireplace utensil, Lord Ras? >>

No and yes. The symbol of a flaming salamander (courtesy of Dame Aiofe) dates
back to almost the beginning of the list as does the Cathedral image. It was
decided at that time that a picture of a flaming salamander as some sort of
badge or favor worn by list members when at events so they could recognize
each other would be a good thing. Since then I have modified this a bit and
keep a large salamander model floating about my kitchen and encampment.

The Rock was a creation (by Margali, IIRC) that appeared in the Cathedral
yard long afterwards for reasons that evade me at the moment.

Ras