SC - malt

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 19 07:35:18 PST 1999

David/Cariadoc wrote:
>Were Potatoes being cultivated in Tennessee that early? My vague
>memory, I think from something in _Guns, Germs and Steel_, is that
>the South American food plants moved north very slowly.

Something like that is my vague memory too. I don't know how far Tennessee
would have been from the nearest maize, but am under the impression that it
might have been farther from potatoes. So for the moment we still don't seem
to have any early period potato latkes. Whatever shall we serve at the 2nd
century Appalachian Chanukah event? ;-> Just kidding. I hope.

Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark