SC - Late Fall/Early Winter Vegetables

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Sun Dec 19 15:20:04 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/16/1999 2:15:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at grin.net writes:

> I must say that there have been multiple requests to NOT serve
>  armoured turnips *again*.

Is this due to the number of times served? Or is it that people don't like
turnips? If the latter, I've had great success substituting parsnips. Before
anyone asks, I can't quote one single period reference to parsnips being
substituted for any other root veggie, but it works well here. I have also
pleased the crowd with parsnip frittors, taking boiled parsnips sprinkling
with powder dulse and wrapping in eggroll wrappers and frying. Peas boiled in
almond milk are well liked in this area too. Just a few thoughts off the top
of my head.

Corwyn