Christmas (was: SC - period poultry feed)

cclark@vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Mon Dec 20 04:28:13 PST 1999

David Friedman wrote:
>I suggest that one of the experienced people on this list, perhaps
>Adamantius, should get in touch with whoever is currently in charge
>of the Handbook and offer to replace that article with a more "up do
>date" (i.e. correct) one.

Sounds good to me. The recipes aren't the only part that could do with
replacement or rewriting (for instance, the general advice includes the
remarkable statement that SCA people consider fish to be vegetables). Does
anyone here know if there are any current plans for a new edition? If not,
perhaps we could petition the BoD and/or director of publications. N. B. any
such petition, letter writing campaign, etc. should be discussed to
determine its viability, and appropriate strategies, before action is taken.

The article on dancing is also sorely in need of correction. It was
inadequate when first published, and the state of the art has advanced since
then. Since these are my two specialties, I cannot say whether or not the
rest of the book is similarly deficient.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon