SC - Hi

Mon Dec 20 04:55:38 PST 1999

Corwyn
> ... I can't quote one single period reference to parsnips being
>substituted for any other root veggie, but it works well here. ...

I can! <sticks hand up in air> Oooh! Oooh! <jumps up and down in seat> I
know the answer! Call on me, teacher! ;-)

Rapes in potage (near the beginning of the _Forme of Cury_) says that one
can use the same recipe to prepare skirrets or pasternakes. Pasternakes are
parsnips and/or carrots.

I haven't tried armoring them, though. What's a good cheese to use on parsnips?

Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark