SC - OOP - help with Brie

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 20 14:19:16 PST 1999

Thanks!  This sounds great!

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
[mailto:owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG]On Behalf Of James F. Johnson
Sent: Monday, December 20, 1999 12:52 PM
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: Re: SC - OOP - help with Brie

Murkial/Christi wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I go crazy and bought a pound of brie this weekend to make appetizers for
> Christmas.  Now I can't figure out a good appetizer recipe to use it in.
> Any ideas anyone.

My personal favourite, if it's a wheel (one pound would normally be half
a wheel...) is to slice the wheel in half _horizontally. Sprinkly both
halves with fresh crack black pepper and crushed rosemary, then crumble
a half in layer of blue cheese one one half, covering with the other
half (a brie and blue sandwich). Dust the outside with more rosemary and
pepper, then wrap in foil/parchment and place in a round baking dish
about the same size. Bake in a low oven, about 325 until...I don't
know...it melts in the centre. Remove and let cool just slightly. Serve
warm on small slices of French baguette that have been brushed with
olive oil and toasted in the oven.

Really rich, but appropriate then for a winter holiday. I made it one
year for a Christmas party at one job. I returned a year later to help
with a seasonal rush, and was invited to come to that year's Christmas
party (I wouldn't be working by that time) provided I made more baked
brie. Guess it was memorable for a few folks.

If it's a partial wheel, I think you could still do it, provided you
wrapped it well enough in the parchment.

Seumas