SC - Food TV

Kay Loidolt mmkl at indy.net
Tue Dec 21 08:49:16 PST 1999

Christianna you aren't the only person who has thought of this. It really
would be a nifty thing to do. Even if it  was one of our esteemed cooks ,
(Ras, Adamntius, Anne-Marie come to mind) appearing on Cooking Live. Or even
a Calling all Cooks or Extreme Cuisine Segment. But how to assure they get
things right?  Someone mentioned that the person writing the Article for the
Oregon Newspaper had been told repeatedly that the overspiced  spoiled meat
was a Myth, yet it still appears in the article.

on topic sortof, is the show TV Dinners on Food TV. The host goes to various
homes and helps cook a meal and talks with the cooks about the various
histories and traditions behind the foods preparing. It seems to be home
cooks in Europe though, where the other shows are all American. The host is
very good, and you can learn a lot.
This past week it featured a woman who did a  Chicken in a duck in a Goose?
I'm not sure of the specific foul  that they used, but they showed them
being  boned, stuffed, and reassembled. I thought it was pretty cool :-)
Maybe a Cockatrice isnt too far behind?

I think it could be an interesting idea and  think the publicity might not
be all that bad.

Zoe