SC - angelica.

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Thu Dec 23 07:14:53 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/23/99 2:53:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<< OK, the bold, yet inexperienced cook is going to step up and speak
 his mind.

 Huh?     >>

At least where I purchase both corn flour and cornflour.

Corn flour is exactly that. A flour made from corn (e.g., maize) that is of
the same texture as regular flour only yellowish is color. It makes an
excellent substitute for wheat flour when used in coating food for pan or
deep frying, providing a nice depth of flavor lacking in wheat flour.

Cornflour is silky almost oily texture and can be used as a base for body
powders or as a thickening agent for sauces and gravies. The closest flour
that I can think of is rice flour so far as texture and some forms of usage.

Ras