SC - Help for Novices

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 10:08:31 PST 1999

That sweetie, Puck,  said,

>Not that Bonne and I disagree,...
>
>I personally think the Florilegium is as much, if not more, of FAQ as we
>need, and if we come up with something else, such as is being suggested
>here, we will be doing ourselves and the newcomers a disservice.

we agree exactly, so far as I am concerned.  A FAQ might be useful, but only
if it is kept to the very bare minimum :

"hi newbie! Ask us anything, we'll probalby give you more of an answer than
you thought possible.  You will get an unbeleivable amount of mail though,
so go to "digest" or don't use your employers account if that's a problem.
A good resource is the Florlegium, (address) another is the Miscellany
(address)."

And that's so short, we might as well continue as we are, with one or more
of us including that sort of information when responding to "what's
verjuice?" or whatever the question is.

Bonne