SC - OT - Antipodean Holidays

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 12:59:01 PST 1999

Believe it or not, there really is a vanilla slice day - actually, it's
called the Great Australian Vanilla Slice Triumph - but I'm not sure that
anyone outside of Victoria would have heard of it! It's been held only for
two years now, but this year about 3000 people turned up in this tiny little
country town for it. Basically they challenge all comers to a bakeoff and
bakers professional and amateur enter their version of the vanilla slice (an
item I have always held in great disdain, but have recently discovered can
be rather good when done properly).

But what I want to know is - what is cane toad day??? I thought I was
joking... As far as I and all my Queensland rellies are concerned, cane toad
season lasts 365 days a year.

Kylie