SC - russian book vendors

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 18:41:55 PST 1999

- --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu> wrote:

> You would probably be better off with Viktor Kamkin
> (www.kamkin.com) or
> Russian
> Panorama (www.panrus.com).  I have bought from
> RussianTroyka, but they are
> a reseller and (last time I checked) would only sell
> to you if you bid on
> eBay.  Not the way I like to do business, YMMV.
> Kamkin is the respected
> North American source for Russian books.  They get
> most everything and have
> an incredible warehouse in Rockford MD.  However, no
> period cookbooks yet!  :)
>
> --Yana

An even better Russian book vendor than Kamkin is:

East View Publications
3020 Harbor Lane North
Suite 110
Minneapolis, MN 55448
1-800-477-1005
e-mail: books at eastview.com
website: http://www.eastview.com

East View has offices in Russia and almost all of the
breakaway republics.  In my 15 years as an
acquisitions librarian, I have (and still do) dealt
with Kamkin, but I have found East View faster, more
e-mail responsive and better in finding obscure books
than Kamkin.  Kamkin is better in dealing with
subscriptions, in my opinion.

Huette