SC - Holiday dreams OT OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Dec 2 10:15:59 PST 1999

Deborah Schumacher wrote:

> Happy Holidays to you all!
>          Tomorrow is December 1st and I figured I would jump on the season
> by polling my fellow cooks.
> What would you like to receive as your holiday gift this year?

An update to my previous post regarding peace on earth, etc.

We closed yesterday on the new apartment. I'll have a kitchen! I'll have
a kitchen two or more people can stand in without looking like that guy
in "Metropolis", eternally adjusting the giant dial (my standard
description of a restaurant line cook, feet planted and arms waving).
I'll have a kitchen with a dishwasher, a real stove and oven, and a
decent-sized, frost-free refrigerator. I'll have a place to keep
[angelic choir sings in background] my 40-quart pots!

My Lovely And Talented And Very Very Tolerant (she'd have to be,
wouldn't she?) Wife and I also bought a 14-cubic-foot freezer yesterday.
Hubba hubba!

We hope to be already installed by Christmas, and I kinda figure the
holiday itself (or at least that mercenary end of it) will be just a bit antclimactic...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com