SC - vegemite

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Dec 2 23:57:23 PST 1999

> margali
> who really does have a jar of vegemite in her kitchen...lol

I noticed the last time I was in one of the two Central Market stores here
that they actually had vegemite and several of the other similar items
we have discussed here on the list. These Central Market stores are run by HEB
and have a lot of gourmet and special items.

I have yet to buy any of the vegemite. I'm afraid that with all the imported cheeses
(including a Swedish one this last time that said it was the same as cheese
made in the 15th century, except they added Vodka and a berry), the smoked fish,
some of the bulk grains we have talked about, lemon curds(?), country hams,
dried sausage and such, sounding so much better, I just haven't decided to
try it. Just a couple of sacks of stuff can be expensive enough. sigh.

But this does say vegemite is available here in the USA.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net