SC - latkes

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Fri Dec 3 15:07:42 PST 1999

Chante wrote:
>To the person making latkes-
>I'm sorry, but I deleted that e-mail, so I don't know your name, but I need
>to know if I can use grated potatoes and onions. The recipe I have tells you
>to use a food processor and I don't have one.

Well, i'm not the poster, but i'd say:

YES

(meant to be humorous)
Once upon a time, and it wasn't very long ago, there were no food
processors. People actually had to grate, chop, and grind their food
stuffs themselves. And you can be sure that the only food processors
in Medieval times were humans armed with knives, graters, and mortars
and pestles.
(end of semi-humor)

I don't own a food processor, although it would be nice. I have made
latkes with a grater. Just watch out for bloody knuckles. I like 'em
with sour cream and chunky applesauce...

Anahita Gauri bint-Karim al-hakim al-Fassi