SC - Rec: BUNUELOS

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Fri Dec 3 18:17:53 PST 1999

Raoghnailt/Laura wrote:
>Interesting.  The bunuelos from south Texas (San Antonio) that I'm familiar
>with are rolled out so thin and then stretched by hand that when fried, they
>are crispy, thin rounds and so yummy.  This recipe isn't all that different
>from the French Market pastry in New Orleans (the name escapes me at the
>moment).

Beignet - i think that's the spelling - pronounced bay-NYAY. Eaten
dipped in milky chicory-coffee.

The bunuelos i've had here in Northern California are long sticks,
extruded through some device so they have long ridges, fried, then
dusted with powdered sugar.

Boy i wish there was a good donut shop around here. One has a
beautiful name - Dream Fluff - but their donuts aren't too great. I
like cake donuts, but i'll never make my own. I feel that making
delicious sweets will only encourage me to eat them :-)

Anahita