SC - Father Abelard

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 5 15:39:42 PST 1999

Lainie commented:
> Father Abelard teaches about Heresies (the better educated we are, the
> better we are to withstand them, yes?) and teaches Canon Law, including
> the Marriage Canons and has a small sideline practice in law. The
> Marriage Law is especially fascinating. It was in fact only a week or
> two ago that Abelard found himself discussing at some length the finer
> points of consanguininty and affinity and the creation of and the nature
> of the impediment of the latter with an entirely too-sharp and quick
> thinking layman who is a member of this list...

Well, for some of those who want to see some of Father Abelard in action
(no, no, print only) see these files in the Florilegium:
p-marriage-msg    (43K) 11/24/99    Period marriage.
Ger-marriage-msg  (24K)  4/ 2/99    Period Germanic marriage customs.

Lainie, your messages in these files were forwarded to me by Brother Cleireac
as I'm not on that list. I would love to be cc'ed when you go into one of
your long elaborations. Or better sent the entire thread. Or better still, I
would love to have some articles along these lines for the Florilegium. And
yes, I know you are busy with your move and being Queen Slug, right now. I'm
not
in a rush.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net