SC - Rose petal bread

Debra Poole dpoole1 at airmail.net
Tue Dec 7 08:33:30 PST 1999

Lord Ras ask what was missing from my other post:

Aslinn wrote and I sent:
<snip>
>>1. Sprinkle the yeast on 1/2 c of the warm water in a mixing bowl. Stir in
>>the honey. let it stand for 5 minutes.
>>2. Add the remaining warm water with about 2 1/2 to 3 cups of flour. Beat
>>by hand with a wooden spoon, about 200 strokes. Cover with a damp towel, put
>>in a warm place, and let the dough rise 30 to 45 minutes until it is doubled
>>in bulk.
>>

>>Oh Sh**! That is all I have of the recipe! No baking instructions, or if it
>>needs a second rise!
<snip again>

I almost always allow for a second rise in my bread baking.  I think it
gives a fuller lighter loaf.  I know we had a discussion a while back about
one or two rises in bread baking.  So I was being wimp and not trying this
one until I found out what the list's opinion was.  I have had trouble
baking with rose petals before (see my rose petal cake recipe).  They
scorch or the dough stays mushy around them (I think I added them to the
batter wet from washing).  So I wanted someone else to give me baking times
and temperatures.  Aren't I bad!

Mere
Barony of the Steppes,
Kingdom of Ansteorra