Subject: Re: SC - Need help redacting candy recipe

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Tue Dec 7 07:30:20 PST 1999

Robin wrote:

And while I think of it, does anyone know what "cook them in an oven
with a basin" means exactly?  I assume it means to bake the melindres
with an inverted basin over them.  What would that achieve?  Lower the
heat?  Increase it?  Protect the melindres from excess browning or from
being soiled by cinders?

It could also mean basin of water so that they stayed moister while cooking.
Like some people do with bread.

Murkial

(still not great a redacting, but learning)