SC - quenelles?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Dec 12 23:15:45 PST 1999

hey all from Anne-Marie

another dreaded "backwards documentation" question...:)

this weekend a bunch of us sat around and cooked french food all day. One
dish was salmon quenelles. These are tasty little dumplings, made from pate
au chou, mixed with finely minced fish. Poached in fish stock and browned
in a sauce mournay. Yum!

got me thinking...medieval people sure like to boil things. And they liked
minced things.

anyone who can think of an example in a medieval cookbook of minced meat
mixed with dough to make fritters and boiled in water? I know its too much
to ask for the sauce mournay...:)

- --AM