SC - Random excursion in to salad recipes - oop

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Dec 13 03:55:40 PST 1999

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> My soon-to-be mother-in-law made Watergate Salad for my wedding shower in
> 1965.  Since that was a couple of Presidents before Nixon, I would guess the
> salad pre-dates the Watergate Scandals.

I'm sorry, this is probably not the best question to ask, and I'm sure
there's a logical explanation, but, um, if she's your
mother-in-law-to-be, and she made this for your wedding shower in 1965,
that's rather a long engagement, isn't it? Or is there more than one
wedding involved? Or is there a typo involving the prefix "ex"?

But yes, it looks as if the salad predates the break-in, from what one
might call the hotel's Salad Da--

Adamantius, spotting a second thing he wishes he hadn't said
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com