SC - Feast Stories from 11th Night Investiture (LONG)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 09:16:14 PST 1999

>The chicken was all thigh fillets, sprinkled with pepper and salt before
>baking. Placed each on a white bread toast slice and topped with the
>spiced wine sauce. The sauce 'felt' too thin to me. I might try cooking
>it down more, or adding something to thicken next time.

Not having your recipe in front of me I'm not sure of this suggestion.  But
here it is anyway. It may not be the sauce but rather the serving method.
At least some  of the "something with sops" recipes give instructions to put
sauce over the sop, and let it sop it up, and then repeat and repeat until
some just right, yummy, texture is reached.  The little experimentation I've
done indicates that if you use a bread with a strong crumb (not store sponge
bread!) and it should be fairly dry at least, better if toasted.  The
consistency I stop at is much like bread pudding or dressing/stuffing.
Bready and moist but not drippy.

Bonne