SC - redacting

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 01:08:48 PST 1999

Katie Stewart has a few Chinese and Indian recipes in
her book "The Joy of Eating".  Unfortunately, she
doesn't give the original recipes.  But that is the
closest I have ever seen to period Asian recipes.

I have asked previously about period Chinese cooking,
but only got one unsatisfactory response to my
question, which came from Adamantius, saying something
about his mother-in-law wondering why anyone would
want to use old recipes.

I know there is a lot of interest in Chinese and
Japanese foods here in Caid.  One barony regularly
holds a Japanese tourney followed by a Japanese
banquet.  They serve modern Japanese foods.  When I
asked the cooks about where they found their
documentation, they just looked at me as if I were
crazy and said something about all Japanese foods
having been cooked the same way for centuries.  I
found this to be a very unsatisfactory answer, but I
have no way of proving them either right or wrong.

Huette