SC - FW:[STEPS] Period Food at 12th Night 2000!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Dec 18 20:59:49 PST 1999

Zoe passed this on from the An Tir list:
> Greetings to the populace from the Autocrat of 12th Night 2000, Dame
> Fearga Kavanagh-
>
> In years past, 12th Night included a sumptuous feast for the attending
> populace.  The growth of the event and use of hotels have seen this
> tradition fade away, much to our dismay.  When we started planning this
> event, we wanted to somehow continue the tradition of fine period food
> at 12th Night, if not the feast.  To that end, the Cooking Companie of
> Adiantum concocted a plan-they redacted recipes for three different
> cultures, and presented them to the hotel, with the request that the
> menus be served in their 'upscale' restaurant on Friday and Saturday
> night of the event.  The Head Chef was delighted with the suggestion,
> and has graciously agreed to the plan.

Interesting. I have occasionally heard of others doing this. Are these
meals only available to SCA folks? Or can non-SCA folks walk into the
resturant on these nights and or these meals?

> THE ITALIAN FEAST

> ($16.95)
>
> THE ENGLISH FEAST

> ($17.95)
>
> THE ISLAMIC FEAST

> ($16.95)
>
> Please note that prices reflect the cost of an entire meal, including
> drinks and dessert. Prices may change *slightly* depending on seasonal
> items.

These prices also make clear that a well done SCA feast is often a bargain.
At least around here, feast prices are usually well under these prices.

I do commend Dame Fearga for being able to arrange this though. We have stopped
attending events or parts of events in hotels after being charged six or eight
dollars for basically cold cuts during one event. Luckily in that case, this
was for the after classes ball at a dance class event and we could skip this
by skipping the dancing (which otherwise we would have attended).

> In conjuction with this effort, we will be offering the recipes for all
> three menus in booklet form for a modest cost of $4.00.  This is a
> fundraiser for the Cooking Companie. Thank you for your support of this
> effort, and see you at 12th Night!!

Zoe, could you find out the mailing address for those of us not going to this
event to buy this booklet? There are several items in this menu list that
I was going to ask for the recipes of. Instead I guess I'll just order the
booklet.

Thanks.
  Stefan
- --