SC - Period Food at 12th Night 2000

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 20 17:34:01 PST 1999

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:06:14 -0800
Anne-Marie Rousseau <acrouss at gte.net> wrote

>oh, and anyone in An Tir is welcome to a party to celebrate the new
>Laurels of my Barony Saturday night! emailme privately for more info
>if you like...

*Big Sigh*   The new Laurels(?) of your Barony.   My Lady, your
Barony is indeed blessed.  In 22 years as a group and 10 as a
Barony, my group Glaedenfeld has had a total of 1 (count em)
native Laurel (ever).  For years we had no peers at all, unless one
moved in from another part of the Kingdom, or more commonly
out of Kingdom.  We now have 1 Laurel, 1 Pelican and 1Knight
which is as many local peers as we have ever had at one time.
*Sigh*
Our Barony used to hold the main 12th night for Meridies as a huge
hotel event.  We always had a wonderful feast, even if we had to rent
a nearby church fellowship kitchen to cook the feast in and transport it
to the hotel.  Only once did we let the hotel do the cooking (to our own
recipes) and like in your experience, way, way undercooked the needed
quantity.  As Baron, I compelled the Reeve to part with some of the gate
cash with the help of my two guards, Guido1 and Guido2, and sent out
for pizza and Kentucky Fried Chicken for 500.  It was that or let the
crowd roast the autocrats in the atrium (without sauce).  We now have found
a wonderful winterized camp for the event and it is a lot less stressful.
Though I do miss getting naked in the hot tub.
Have a wonderful Christmas and 12th Night!

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"