SC - corn flour? - oop

Wed Dec 22 06:18:25 PST 1999

Corn flour is a finer grind than corn meal.  You should be able to find it
in at the supermarket under the name Masa Harina (which is apparently
Spanish for maize farina).  Locally, the stores tend to carry two varieties,
yellow and white.

I've used corn flour in baking, but not in shortbread.  It should do well
mixed with flour for that purpose.  If I were trying to make a raised bread,
I would mix 2:1 wheat to corn.

Bear