SC - potted meat

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 30 06:34:10 PST 1999

potted meat, in my childhood was any of a variety of processed canned meat products.  In this category could be such favorites as Underwood's Deviled Ham and other varieties, SPAM, canned corned beef.  Basically cooked and sealed in a tin.  You could serve it at the Y3K dinner ;o)

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG wrote:
> I have been asked to coordinate a sideboard (not sure that's the right
phrase) for vigils for people in my group, and someone suggested potted meat.

I have never heard that term before, what is potted meat?

	Angeline