SC - OT--Recipe for Crab Rangoon

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Dec 31 20:27:40 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/31/99 10:58:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bsusan at corp.earthlink.net writes:

<< Thus another Great Cuskynoles Debate (Crab Rangoon Debate?)is born for
 future generations.

 Eleanor d'Aubrecicourt >>

This is debatable. I have seen numerous references to this crab recipe but
have yet to see a single actual recipe posted for it. References to sources
of such recipes are really of little use in a discussion of this type. One of
the things I have noticed about this list since it's inception is the
hesitation to post published recipes. I would suggest that a subscription to
such lists as Recipelu or foodlore would be a good thing for those who think
posting individual recipes from a published source is not 'legal.' These
lists post entire recipe collections on a daily basis. Although I do not
endorse such a course as posting entire cookbooks, I do know that posting
individual recipes or even a series of recipes from any source is NOT a
violation of copyright law. If anyone is in disagreement, contact Llewellyn
Press and talk to their lawyer about the use of individual recipes. This is
an educational forum! :-0

Soooo....I would offer the opinion that the actual posting of this crab
recipe would go a long way in providing the majority of the list with a focal
point to make this discussion meaningful....

Ras