SC - Chanukah

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Dec 1 21:27:57 PST 1999

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 Lady Brighid ni Chiarain writes:

> > Happy Chanukah to all those it applies to.
>
> Thank you.  I really gotta polish the Chanukah menorah tomorrow.
> And  buy some candles (although I *may* have enough partial boxes in
the candle drawer [doesn't everyone have a candle drawer?] to see me
> through the holiday).

<snippage of a wonderful holiday celebration >

> Lady Brighid ni Chiarain

	Lady Brighid,
		I want to thank you for that lovely description of your holiday
observances.  I was picturing you there, with your hubby and mother, and
then with your larger family, and then I was thankful that I had met you
this summer at Pennsic, and could picture you there and follow you
through your Chanukah.
		We have our weekly Chorusters Guild rehearsal at the home of Baron
William de Montegilt and his lady, Mistress Irene, and we all look
forward to the Tuesday night during Chanukah when we get to help light
the menorah (s?).  They have several on the mantel piece, and the kids
are learning to recite the Hebrew, so it has become our traditon as well.
 My favorite is the menorasaurus!  (picture a brontosaur with candles
down it's back:)
		Have a blessed Holiday,
		Mistress Christianna MacGrain