SC - Rose Petal Turkish Delight (OOP?)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 18:04:06 PST 1999

I doubt that this was from _ancient_ Greece, but it
probably was made in modern Greece.  There is a
company in Central Washington state, in Cashmere,
calling itself "Applets and Cotlets", which are the
Armenian version of Turkish Delight.  They also sell
the old-style Loucum, which comes in rose water,
cinnamon, and orange flavors.  Applets [apple flavored
Turkish delight] and Cotlets [apricot flavored Turkish
delight] also sells strawberry, raspberry, blueberry,
cranberry, peach, pineapple, cherry, grape, lemon,
mango and more flavors that I can't think of at the
moment.  I grew up getting boxes of these from my
Washington State relatives every Christmas.  I have
toured the factory several times, whenever I was in
the area.  They are wonderful candies and not overly
sweet.

Huette