SC - structural gingerbread

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Dec 8 15:21:12 PST 1999

lol, since this is for a bake-off at work, period doesn't really enter into
it...
I am sort of refining now...I think a tryptych, with the center panel of an
abstract rose window, and the 2 wings having a smaller rose window half. That
way I can make the sheets, and cutouts and bake them most of the way and add the
crunched candies for the last few minutes of baking. The only thing I am now
wondering, do I have to worry about the sugar sticking to the baking sheets? If
so how do I prevent it? and would I be better off baking the sheets and pouring
melted sugar after it is done baking ...

margali
stay tuned for the next episode of As the Stomach Churns...