SC - Mutton

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Dec 9 22:06:40 PST 1999

Dave asked:
> I need a little help here :) I am making mutton for the first time in about
> 2 weeks and have no clue of how to prepare it.  If anyone could help I would
> greatly appreciate it.

I'm not sure exactly what you want help with. I'm afraid this is an awlfully
wide question. For instance, what cooking technique(s) is/are you thinking of?

You might want to take a look at this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:
lamb-mutton-msg   (54K) 12/ 7/99    Medieval lamb and mutton. Recipes.

I assume this mutton is already prepared for cooking. If on the otherhand,
this mutton is alive when you get it, you might want to mention this. Some of
this group participated in a live-mutton to meat class near last summer's
Pennsic and might be able to help you with this. You might have to take
such a topic private though or discuss it here only on a theoretical basis.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net