SC - Sweets to the sweet, have some fruitcake...

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Mon Dec 13 23:26:18 PST 1999

OK, so it's long past the time to make one, but does anyone have a
GOOD recipe for fruit cake that DOES NOT involve maraschino cherries?
and uses more dried fruit than candied fruit? I don't mind some
candied citron, but those neon red and green cherries make me shudder
:-) And if it's soaked in some sort of spirits, why that's fine with
me...

Period and non-period recipes are fine with me.

Also, i remember from long ago reading some recipes that called for
candied angelica. Is this something anyone has found or made, and if
so, how does it taste?

Anahita Gauri al-shazhiya bint-Karim al-hakim al-Fassi