SC - Songs about food

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 13:37:41 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/14/99 7:59:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at grin.net writes:

<< There's one Medieval song (15th C.?) about a man's experiences in a
 pub - but i don't remember any of it - the tune is quite poignant and
 i thought that it was a sad and serious song until the singer
 explained the lyrics to me. >>

I have no idea if it was a period song or an original one, but I once heard
an entrant in the East Kingdom Bardic Championships sing a very sad little
song in Latin.  Well,  it sounded sad if you didn't speak Latin, but you
could tell who in the audience did, because they were cracking up.  The
singer repeated it in English, and it turned out to be a recipe for making
sausage!

Brangwayna Morgan