SC - Sweets to the sweet, have some fruitcake...

Elysant at aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 22:15:33 PST 1999

- -Poster: <Elysant at aol.com>

Adamantius says:

>What's the longest time period anybody's ever kept a fruitcake or
>similar product with reasonable expectations of edibility? Foods you
>hate and consider inherently inedible don't count. Was the food
>refrigerated, canned, etc.?

>Any other takers for the Gold (or should I say Old) Medal?

Well this is not a taker for the Gold Medal Master A., but there is a
tradition
we have in Britain, (not done so much these days) that the top tier of an
iced Wedding cake is supposed to be kept for use as a Christening cake for
the first born....  I'm wondering if the Royal Icing helps preserve the
cake....?

Elysant