SC - "Old Food"

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Dec 18 13:31:57 PST 1999

> Alys Katharine, hoarder of old food

You would feel right at home in my kitchen.  The oldest food I have, I
don't even conseder food anymore, it came with the house.  It is an
ancient tin of oysters, probably from the 50's or earlier.  At least I
think I still have it.  I threw away quite a few culinary antiques when I
packed everything up to remodel the kitchen.  Said project is one step
closer to being finished, one of my proteges is currently into mosaics,
so she has spent the last two nights over here helping me put in a mosaic
backsplash around my countertop.  We used pieces of tile, china (both the
pattern that is retiring and the long-awaited M.A. Hadley I got when we
packed up my folk's house so they could move to AZ) some glass pebbles,
and a bowl of some unusual raku pottery that had been repaired one too
many times.  It looks so cool, and we haven't even grouted it yet.  My
kitchen won't be back together for Christmas, but soon after the new
year, we should be up and running again - I can't wait! (This project
started in July).
	So, currently, my oldest foods are no doubt condiments, jellies, and
Santa's hot sauces.  ;)  Then there's the compost we made last
November...
	Christianna