SC - potatoes

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Sun Dec 19 05:25:34 PST 1999

His Grace made the comment

Were Potatoes being cultivated in Tennessee that early? My vague
memory, I think from something in _Guns, Germs and Steel_, is that
the South American food plants moved north very slowly.

I'm just curious to know, was the book anygood, I had caught a
glimpse of it as I was being dragged out of the bookstore.

Fiona