SC - Food TV

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Dec 21 08:27:53 PST 1999

hey all from Anne-Marie
Zoe sez:
At 09:22 AM 12/21/99 -0700, Schumacher, Deborah (AZ15) wrote:
>Christianna you aren't the only person who has thought of this. It really
>would be a nifty thing to do. Even if it  was one of our esteemed cooks ,
>(Ras, Adamntius, Anne-Marie come to mind) appearing on Cooking Live.

aw shucks :)

Or even
>a Calling all Cooks or Extreme Cuisine Segment. But how to assure they get
>things right?  Someone mentioned that the person writing the Article for the
>Oregon Newspaper had been told repeatedly that the overspiced  spoiled meat
>was a Myth, yet it still appears in the article.

baby steps, baby steps....I know that here, I've been interviewed twice on
the radio about medieval food. Since it was live, there was no chance for
the reporter twisting things. Also, there are rumors about a TV show where
I'll be asked to be a guest (eek!). I would suggest folks approach their
local markets...find out who does the local foodie show and write 'em a
letter. approach your local yuppie grocery store and ask if they'd be
interested in a "guest lecture". Volunteer to do charity banquets and sell
cookbooks to the well heeled patrons.

I've been the subject of newspaper articles several times in my life, and
if they get my NAME right, I'm usually suprised. I find that with live
stuff there's less chance of re-interpretation, etc.

The populatiry of "medieval" cookbooks like "the Mediterranean Feast" (one
of Saveurs Top 100 things in the latest issue), and the fact that "Pleyn
Delit" is now in its second edition, is very encouraging. Perhaps
historical food is an idea whos time has come?

- --AM