SC - Cornflour

Wed Dec 22 14:46:41 PST 1999

Is your pocket encyclopedia referring to maize as corn or is it using corn
as a generic term for grain?  The uses you describe are commonly filled by
rice flour, cake
 flour (super-fine, low-gluten wheat), maize flour (less common) and a
granulated hodge-podge marketed under the name Wondra.

As for freezing flour, in the US we have a number of bugs which like to
infest various flours.  Refrigerating the flour inhibits infestations.

Bear