SC - Sumac

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Dec 23 14:24:21 PST 1999

Puckster, Take a day off, like this coming Tuesday, and we will amke a
field trip to penzeys spices in norwalk!!!!!!
Sumac is sour without a citrus or vinegar taste, think EDT mixed with a
very subtle almost musky/flower hint.

Margali

Grace's comments on the recipe he recommends getting sumac from an
Iranian market.   Is there someplace I can get this on the web?  Are
there acceptable substitutes?  What does Sumac do for this dish?

regards, Puck

If you can't run with the Big Dawgs, stay on the porch with the puppies.