SC - OOP: Christmas Dinner

Robin Carrollmann harper at idt.net
Mon Dec 27 17:54:42 PST 1999

Forgive me if this is a duplicate message.  My first attempt failed,
possibly because I am telnetting to my account via my mother-in-law's ISP
in Vermont.

My lord and I are spending the week with his mother.  The day started out
with their family's traditional Xmas breakfast -- blueberry muffins.
They have no specific traditions regarding Xmas dinner, only that it be a
festive meal.  In latter years, it's been a Thanksgiving-style turkey
dinner with all the fixings.  It was delicious, and we all left the table
groaning.  With a certain amount of trepidation, I had offered to make
biscuits.  This was the first time for me.  Though I'm an experienced
yeast baker, I've done very little with quick breads.  Despite my fears,
they came out decently, with a moist, tender crumb.

I've been doing a lot of baking this week.  I told my mother-in-law that
I'd keep her in fresh-baked bread if she'd keep me in flour.  It's been an
interesting change of pace for me to hand-knead everything, since I
usually rely on my trusty KitchenAid mixer.  Nice to know that I can do it
the old-fashioned way when I need to.  Right now, there's a loaf of
oatmeal apple rising in the pan...

I hope the relative silence on this list means that everyone has been busy
with pleasant winter holiday activities.

Brighid ni Chiarain

Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt dot net
.sigless in VT