SC - Christmas Dinner and Gifts

Diana Haven tantra at optonline.net
Tue Dec 28 12:58:33 PST 1999

Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> Happy Holidays to everyone on the List, and to your loved ones!
>
>         Christmas was a quiet affair here, my lord got home from being a Mall Santa late on Christmas eve, and we spent the day being at home and not socializing.  Very rare for us, but most needed this year.

I am simply green with envy M'Lady!  My dear sweet lord was good to me
this year, but not as good as all that - I only got my electric
mini-chopper and my kitchen-aid mixer.  But then again, I ended up
cancelling Christmas.  Something to do with 103.6 fever and the flu
*sigh*.  I am still home today, waiting patiently while the magic drugs
my doctor provided do their job.  It seems that I was coming down with
this nasty on Wednesday last when I just felt 'icky'.  By Christmas eve,
I couldn't walk straight (Um...nope, not from the fruitcake).

But, I was blessed with 5lbs of Van Leer Chocolate, more pasta jars -
one can never have enough, a lovely  hand made 18" wide pasta dish from
Italy, and his parents got a quartet of flavoured oils and vinegars for
me.  I think I made out quite well. I ended up unwrapping the gifts on
Monday when I was coherent, and calling in my thanks to the appropriate
parties.

I hope that everyone else was blessed with people they loved on this
holiday, and I am so looking forward to the New Year - just a little bit
healthier.

Diana