SC - OT: Christmas Dinner... :)

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Wed Dec 29 09:53:43 PST 1999

At 07:09 27-12-1999 -0700, Zoe wrote:
>Well I hope you all had a very Happy Holiday and I hope you are all  ready
>for the New Year ( my sign of Y2k was seeing a row of Porta-Johns at work
>this morning when I arrived) So what did we make for Christmas dinner?
>I went with  a mushroom soup, a beef roast, Yorkshire pudding, browned
>vegetables, and Leek Bruet (both Veggies came from Ras'  recipes :-) Thanks
>Ras)  and to finish was eggnog creme Brulee. mmmm. All turned out well , and
>it was a nice quiet day.

Nothing period about our meal. 8)  Roast goose with an apple-and-prune
stuffing (Philippa decided to substitute chopped onions for one-third of
the apples, with excellent results), acorn squash with maple syrup, rice
with mushrooms, and pumpkin pie.  With, of course, Mother's excellent
Stollen for breakfast, and Lebkuchen to nibble on during the day.

Alasdair mac Iain

Tighearn Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie  [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and
in chief two mullets sable