REC,OOP: Raspberry Vinegar, was Re: SC - winter thoughts

Anne of Bradford rdwlist at micronet.net
Thu Dec 2 23:08:52 PST 1999

This is my basic Raspberry Vinegar Recipe:

8 cups raspberries (or about two pounds)
2 quarts cider vinegar

Mash up the raspberries slightly, and put into a sterilized gallon
carboy.  Wash any juices out of the mashing bowl with the vinegar into
the carboy.  Cap the carboy, and shake well.  Stuff under the sink.
Shake at least twice a week for about three months, or until the
raspberry pulp has turned a ghastly shade of white/grey (think pale
silly putty...).  Filter through double layer of cheesecloth.  Bottle,
and be prepared for the friends that want to drink it straight....

I do the standard sterilize bottle and cap routine.  I store it in the
fridge after opening, never had any explode on me.

I'll have to track down the notebook for the other recipe...

 - anne