SC - lebkuchen

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Dec 8 15:13:38 PST 1999

think of it [at least the commercial versian that I get at the PX] as
gingerbread/fruitcakey cookies made on a base of oblaten and occasionally glazed
with sugar or chocolate. I just dissected [ok, ok, I ate it..] one and found
some sort of candied fruit bits, and some definitely nut bits, and it is in a
cakelike cookie of a spicy-like-gingerbread soft cookie on a papery oblaten.They
are a family once a year tradition. And I still have the spiffy metal chests
they came packed in!
margali