SC - Re: Another Bunuelo Recipe

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Thu Dec 9 17:06:50 PST 1999

And it came to pass on 9 Dec 99,, that alysk at ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Robin asked:
> >Oooh!  I've set the ILL wheels in motion.  May I ask how you got your
> >copy?  Is it available for sale somewhere?
>
> I received a photocopy of the book from a friend in the East.  She had
> asked if I had heard of it; I hadn't; she sent it.  There are 91 pages.
> The ISBN number isn't clear.

Thank you, but I got the ISBN off the Library of Congress catalog.
http://catalog.loc.gov/ for those who aren't familiar with it.  It's a great
source for identifying interesting books to get via inter-library loan.
While poking around there, I found another title to request:

Personal Name: Lobera de Avila, Luis, 1480-1551.
Main Title: Banquete de nobles caballeros / Luis Lobera de Ávila.
Edition Information: 1. ed.
Published/Created: San Sebastián : R & B Ediciones, 1996.
ISBN:  8488947593
Subjects:
                   Gastronomy--History--16th century.
                   Cookery, Spanish--History--16th century.
            Series:
                   Coleccíon Textos gastronómicos ; 12.
      Variant Series:
                   Collección de textos gastronómicos ; 11

I know nothing about the book, except what you see above, but I'll see if
I can get hold of it.  I did a web search on the author, but all I could
discover is that he also wrote some kind of health manual for
courtesans...

> Alys Katharine

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)