SV: SC - Currant vodka cheese

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Dec 9 22:17:51 PST 1999

Angus,

It would appear this cheese originates much closer to you. Can you find
out more info about this 'prästost'? For instance, it would be nice to
independantly verify or disprove this claim of being made from the 15th
century. Not that I totally mistrust marketing blurbs, but...

I did like the cheese. I may have to see if they have the plain variety,
so I can see how much of the taste I liked was the cheese and how much
was the currant vodka. I know they also had a variety with pepper in it.
As I already had another cheese with pepper in it, I chose the currant
vodka variety. I may not buy it very often though since it was over $12
per pound.

Stefan

> Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:25:24 +0100
> From: Brokk <H940114 at stud.kol.su.se>
> Subject: SV: SC - Currant vodka cheese
>
> ahh ok.
> I know about 'prästost' but I've never ever seen it with vodka in it.
> I've got to look around for it to see if it's on export only.
>
> Angus.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net