SC - Re: My experiment

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 02:42:09 PST 1999

	Peldyn wrote:
	>  After peeling and coring, I used my metal box grater to grate the
	> apples. I then used it to grate the lemon rind. Now was cursing
time!! How do
	> you get the itty bitty bits of lemon zest that have been grated
off the
	> grater?? I used the tines of a fork to try and jab through the
little holes
	> to free up the zest but got very little. Please, someone tell me,
is there a
	> better way? I felt like I had lost most of the zest due to it
being
	> permanently stuck to that accursed grater!!!

A good way to get around problems with graters is to cover the face of the
grater with greaseproof paper, then grate your fruit/cheese/etc through it.
Then when you've finished, just pull the paper off, shake the excess off it,
then throw it away. No mess, no wastage.
(also really good if you're stuck at a friend's house with the Grater from
Rust Hell...)

Al Vostro e al Servizio del Sogno
Lucretzia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at geocities.com | http://www.geocities.com/~thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" - Aretino, 1536